Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 3: Sweet Ambrosia

Isn't it funny how, when you're really really REALLY hungry, anything and everything sounds AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS? I ran some errands this morning, and had to stop at the market to get some extra veggies for dinner and some cereal for Husband. Walking through the produce section was every bit as mouthwatering as walking through a cupcake shop. I could have easily grabbed pretty much anything off the shelf and started ferociously gnawing my unwashed, raw vegetable treat like some wild animal. And I'm quite sure I would have enjoyed it every much as I would love eating a gorgeous piece of chocolate cake.

You should have seen me by the time I got to the cereal aisle. Visions of dancing Cocoa Puffs were swimming in my brain. I think my pupils even turned into little Honey Nut Cheerios.

Luckily, I did have to rush out of there because Baby Girl was getting sleepy and I needed to get her home for her nap. And the second she went down, I prepared this little light lunch for myself:
Toast topped with light herbed cream cheese, lots of sliced cucumber, cherry tomatoes and an Activia yogurt!

Things are going really well. I feel determined and remain full of conviction. But I must admit, I am looking forward to my first Cheat Day...hehe. I think I'll schedule it for some day next weekend. That will give me at least 9 great days under my belt and I have a feeling knowing that I've come that far will help me to resist going too crazy on Cheat Day. Going forward, I will get one Cheat Day a week but since I just got started on The Plan and I spent the last month having one prolonged Cheat Day, I'm going to give myself a good, solid start before the first one.

I'm actually not really worried about going overboard on Cheat Day, not that there would be anything wrong with that. While anything is allowed on Cheat Day, I truly feel like the "treat" on cheat day will be not having to write down what I've eaten and taking a day off from exercise. If I had the opportunity to pig out right now, I'd probably just have a big bowl of cereal some almond butter on toast or something. Go figure.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Heya girly! Great job keeping up your commitment.

Can I make a small recommendation?

Use your scale and cups as teachers--to teach you proper portion size. Learn to see what a 1/2 cup looks like, or 4 oz. of meat. Then hide them. It's the only way you'll truly learn portion size. I've battled a compulsive "must measure everything" feeling way too many times. It's very easy to become a slave to the scale.

Secondly, I would work more in a calorie ballpark, once you learn portions. It's waaay too easy to become an obsessive calorie counter. Believe me, it's not fun. And once you've had a bit of "recasting," by eating whole foods and getting a handle on portions and healthy choices, and just listen to your body, you'll find you naturally create meals that fall perfectly into your calories and (if you track this) macronutrients.

Of course it's your plan, these are just things I wish I'd known at the start of my weight loss journey.

Roaming with Rhonda said...

Thank you foor sharing this