Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 13+14: Just a Regular Old Post with a Bonus Pep Talk at the Bottom

I couldn't get around to posting yesterday because I had a late yoga class. Actually, I have yoga classes at night all this week so hopefully I'll have time to keep up my blog during Baby Girl's nap time.

The weight update: I'm still teetering up and down, but down more than up (I think/hope) so I guess there is some slow progress happening there. Much slower than I'd like, mind you. I'm still in the 160's. I just keep hoping to dip into the 150's one of these mornings -- man oh man that will be a good day. Patience, patience.

The food front: I haven't been taking pics of all my meals, partly because I keep forgetting and partly because they're just not that interesting or pretty to look at. But I did manage to snap a shot of last night's dinner (except I only remembered half way through eating it).It was Jamaican jerk chicken, wild brown rice and steamed seasoned carrots. It turned out really good, except the chicken (which I bought pre-marinaded from Whole Foods) was not that flavourful. Didn't stop me from finishing every last bite though. Husband liked it too.

And I had to take photo of breaky this morning. It was my usual cinnamon oatmeal but I topped it with something very special - fresh raspberries and strawberries. A great combo. It hit the spot!

And lunch today (which I'm munching on right now as I type this) is just some of the leftover vegetarian chili I made with a slice of whole wheat toast.You can't tell by looking at it but man is it spicy! I'm kinda wishing I had enough calories to throw in some cheese and sour cream to cool down this bowl of fire.

The running run-down: It's raining today so I couldn't take Baby Girl to the park this morning (which means I couldn't run there and run back for a bit of exercise). Boo. We ended up taking the subway to the mall outside of town where they have a kid's play area. She loved it. I guess some days I'll just have to take mandatory breaks from running. I do have a 90 minute hot yoga class tonight which promises to be brutal, so I'm not feeling too guilty about it.

---

So here's something I've known all along but I've decided to verbalize right here and now: Failure is not an option. This is happening, I will lose this weight. It will probably take a long time and it will definitely be hard work. But I'm in this for the long haul. This is a promise I've made to myself and I will not break it. No way. I will succeed.

No comments: