Thursday, September 17, 2009

What's For Dinner?

While I haven't officially started my big shiny fantastic new plan quite yet, I have been mulling over the details and have come up with a couple of questions.

Namely:

How will I stay inspired and motivated? (but I think I'll save that for another post)

AND

What the holy hell am I going to make for dinner?

The dinner thing really is a tough one. Husband is pretty non-adventurous when it comes to eating and really only likes a handful of meals. And trust me when I say that he has improved greatly since we got married (when we met he was all cheeseburgers and pizza). Still, I certainly couldn't get away with serving him up a big plate of baked tofu, steamed broccoli and quinoa or anything.

Plus, I have a one-year-old who is not only limited in terms of what she can eat (she only has 4 teeth after all!) but is also extremely picky.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't want to make THREE meals at dinnertime, but I also don't want to compromise my diet.

I'm going to have to stew on this one, and maybe start looking up some recipes. Ideally, I'd like to have an arsenal of (at least) two-weeks of menus at the ready, that I can repeat twice a month. The recipes will need to be husband, kid and diet friendly and also must be quick and easy to make, freeze well, and inexpensive. I feel like I am asking for the moon here.

I've got some work to do! Luckily I enjoy meal planning and at such time that I am finally able to figure out this dinner conundrum, I promise to share my magical carte du jour with the blogosphere. And if anyone out there has any ideas, I am all ears.

2 comments:

Lyn said...

Regarding your comment on my blog: sure! Links are always welcome :)

Thanks for asking and I am glad you enjoy my blog.

Jessie said...

My man is a piggy pig pig and eats whatever he wants and looks fabulous. It's hard at meal times because he's all meat and potatoes and I'm trying to be healthy, so I just fix my stuff seperately...we both have the same thing for dinner, I just pull a serving of whatever I fix aside for myself and let him go to town with the butter and the salt and the cheese and I don't have those added calories. I hardly ever fix something different than what the rest of the family is eating, I just don't put as many extra calories w/seasonings as they do...good luck on your journey!