Sunday, September 27, 2009

Big Plans & Tiny Tunes

Well friends, I am happy to report that I have the first two weeks of dinners all figured out. I made the meal plans and used the Shopper app on my iPhone to create a nice big grocery list. I am on fire!

Wanna know what delicious fare I'll be dining on starting Thursday October 1st? Of course you do.

Day 1: Seasoned Chicken Breast on Salad Greens
Day 2: Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry and Brown Rice
Day 3: Herbed Chicken, Brown Rice and Carrots
Day 4: Veggie (Onions, Peppers, Tomato, Mushrooms) Omelet with Fruit Salad
Day 5: Ravioli in Marinara Sauce and Salad
Day 6: Soft Tacos Made with Spicy Ground Turkey (I'll be making a double batch and freezing half to have later)
Day 7: CHEAT DAY
Day 8: BBQ Baked Chicken, Brown Rice and Sugar Snap Peas
Day 9: Turkey & Vegetable (Onion, Garlic, Peppers, Yam, Carrot, Corn, Mushroom) Chili on Brown Rice
Day 10: Veggie Burgers and Raw Veggie Sticks (Carrots, Celery, Cauliflower, Tomato, Cucumber)
Day 11: Pasta with Turkey Bolognese Sauce
Day 12: Taco Leftovers (from Day 6)
Day 13: Frozen Casserole (not sure exactly what yet, but I'll pick up something from Whole Foods) and Salad
Day 14: CHEAT DAY

There you have it! I'll probably mess around with the order of the meals, especially the Cheat Days, but this is MY OFFICIAL MEAL PLAN!

I know there is a LOT of poultry happening, but I don't eat red meat (I'll post on why that is someday) or pork and I'm really gun-shy about cooking fish. Not sure why, I've just never really done it before. So yeah, we eat lots of chicken and turkey 'round these parts. But I'm okay with that for now. I also eat canned (wild) salmon at least twice a week for lunch so I think (hope)I'm getting enough omega 3s.

I'm almost fully prepared! Just need to go and buy a measuring tape (yikes!) and several cheapie sets of plastic measuring cups and spoons. I have a great stainless steel set from Crate & Barrel but since I'll be measuring everything I'm going to want to have plenty at hand (and not have to wash the same set every time). I'm trying to make things as easy as possible.

And speaking of being prepared, check out this cute little baby Husband picked up for me today. (Believe it or not, this tiny thing is an iPod! It holds 2GB - or about 5,000 songs and clips to your clothing. Holy crap!)

1 comment:

paulawannacracker said...

That little ipod is great. I've been using mine for about a month now, and it is so portable... fits right in my purse.

BTW--I admire your planning.