Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 42 & 43: Skinny Jeans

Well my friends, can you guess what I wore today? Yup, you guessed it. As the title suggests, I pranced around town in my smallest jeans today. And they fit perfectly. Well, almost perfectly - they are a very very low rise cut and honestly, not the most comfortable. Especially when it comes to bending over, which I happen to do all the time now that I spend my days chasing after a very mobile 14-month-old.

I even tucked my pants into my Ugg boots, a look that I was never that comfortable pulling off before. I must admit, I looked good today.

Baby Girl and I stopped by Husband's office to say hi and we ended up staying for a few minutes (Husband wanted to introduce Baby Girl to some of his coworkers). One of his friends who I met once before about 6 months ago, made a point of mentioning to Husband after I left that I looked like I'd lost weight. When Husband came home tonight and told me that, I was really flattered. Another compliment! I could get used to this.

On a completely unrelated note, I am thinking of straightening my hair. Permanently. I am considering having that Japanese Ionic Hair Straightening done. I went and met with a salon today for a consultation. In addition to being crazy expensive, it is QUITE the procedure. First of all, it takes about 4 hours (what would I do with Baby Girl?). Second, you can't get your hair wet for 3 days afterward and you can't use any clips, headbands, hats or anything else that would put a dent in your hair for at least 7 (SEVEN) days afterward. My first thought was - how the heck would I be able to run or go to hot yoga? Both involve (at the very least) sweating. Profuse sweating. Not to mention hair clips and showers. I'm really going to have to think about this.

Alright, pointlessly meandering post, this one. Just my random thoughts for the day.

No comments: