Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 38 & 39: Born Again on Sunday

A wicked Cheat Day was had yesterday, and although it wasn't perfect, it was certainly the best Cheat Day I think I've had yet.

Complete with extravagant oatmeal (topped with banana and shortbread cookies!) for breakfast, a salmon sandwich with pretty much an entire bag of Sweet Onion Kettle Chips for lunch and pizza for dinner. You think I stopped there? Oh no I did not. I also purchased $10 in mini-cakes from the fancy french bakery downstairs and ate them all up, leaving not a crumb, and ohhhhhhhh. You definitely get what you pay for when it comes to desserts.

And I even managed to squeeze in a nice long run.

All in all, pretty darn good. My scale is only punishing me with one pound this morning so I really can't complain. And I suspect much of that 1 pound was from the salty chips. Whatever. It's all good.

And it always feels so wonderful to wake up the day after Cheat Day, feeling satiated and happy, and eager for some plain, healthy food. I can't believe I'm saying this but healthy, energy-giving food sounds so much more delicious than high calorie, sugar and fat laden food right now! My bowl of plain oatmeal and apples this morning was fabulous. I almost get the same high returning to The Plan that I get from embarking on a Cheat Day. Nice.

So today, I'm going to go for a night run (weather permitting) and a hot yoga class in the afternoon. Good times!

I also hope to finally take and post those darn progress pics later today. I'm anxious to see if you guys notice any difference.

And with regard to photos in general, I have been slacking. I don't know why. Will try not to be so lazy and be better at including more pics in this blog going forward.

No comments: